Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mini Treacle Tarts








These may not look like much, but according to my boyfriend they taste delicious!



I wanted a bite-sized dessert option that wouldn't take too long to make so these were ideal. I found the recipe on the internet but adapted it as rather than weigh out quantities I played it by ear. I used Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry though if you want you can make your own.



Roll out the pastry and cut out circles. Spray a baking tin with Cake Release - you can use a mini tart tin, or a shallow cupcake tin, but here I found another use for the whoopie pie tin I was given a couple of years ago.








Add about 1 tbsp of fresh white breadcrumbs onto the centre of each pastry case and spread out evenly.






Drizzle 1 heaped tsp of golden syrup over the top and allow to soak in.






Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes.






I have to admit it was a bit of a job getting these out of the pan (as you can see!) and it probably would have been easier to make a large treacle tart and cut it into slices, but I wanted these to be bite sized. They are best served warm, maybe with some cream - though they are very sweet, so you won't want too many!






I'm sending this to Dead Easy Desserts, a blog challenge hosted by Maison Cupcake, for desserts that take 30 minutes or less to make.






I'm also sending this to Cakeyboi's Treat Petite, as the theme is baking small treats for loved ones, and my boyfriend loved these!







0 comments:

Post a Comment