Saturday, September 3, 2016

Movie night: pairing your wine with your popcorn


It's Saturday night so I'm sure a lot of you are enjoying a drink and a snack, maybe watching the X Factor or like me right now watching a film. What's your go-to snack for movie night?

Popcorn is closely associated with watching films since it's sold in cinemas, though that wasn't always the case. If you want to know how popcorn came to be sold in cinemas have a read of this article, it's fascinating!

I've sometimes made popcorn at home to recreate the movie night feel and my preferred drink to enjoy at the same time is either a glass of crisp white wine or a vodka and coke. The people at Skinny Pop, which makes popcorn with no artificial flavourings and no trans fat, asked me to share the infographic above. They offer a range of flavours - though their products are only sold in the US - and suggest different wines to go with each one, which is an interesting idea and something I haven't come across before. So my preferred sauvignon blanc would go well with original or salt and pepper popcorn, whereas I've discovered that the sweeter popcorns, which I do think taste better, would go better with a glass of red. Have you thought about pairing your drinks to your snacks in this way?

Disclaimer: I was not paid any compensation and did not receive any free products for this post. All text and opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment