Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Mother of the Bride and Groom Decorated Notebooks


These notebooks are a lovely gift for a mother of the bride or mother of the groom – they can use them for wedding planning notes and ideas.
 
 
I’d been thinking about decorating notebooks as gifts for a while but hadn’t gotten around to it, then when I got engaged – and was seeing my mum the following weekend, I thought it would be a really nice thing to do.
 
I had a small square notebook that was perfect – it had blank pages and a stiff, plain cover. I got it from Tiger for I think only £2 or £3 (I love that shop!).
 
I wanted the notebook to say ‘mother of the bride’ as I thought my mum might enjoy getting it out of her handbag in shops or at wedding fairs and letting people see the cover. I imagine she’s relieved that at the age of 36 one of her daughters is finally getting married!

 
I found the perfect die-cut on Ebay that was made of thick cardboard so all I did was stick that on and let the words take centre stage. I decided it did need something else so found a cream die cut heart in my card stash. I added a few hearts and flowers stickers around the edge as well.

 
I found the ‘mother of the groom’ notebook a bit harder but did want to make one for her as well. I spent ages looking online for a sticker or die cut with the correct words but couldn’t find anything.

 
 
In the end the only thing I was able to get were the words spelled out in diamante (luckily that’s more her style than my mum’s) for ironing onto clothes. I decided to give it a go anyway and covered a larger but thinner notebook with thick purple paper, and ironed the letters on. It worked!


I stuck a heart print ribbon strip along the top and bottom of the notebook and added some silver outline stickers from a wedding sheet, of champagne glasses, hearts and a lucky horseshoe.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment